What better way to develop a world-class workforce and promote the expansion of manufacturing innovation than by engaging a PA Manufacturing Fellow to address a manufacturing challenge?
The PA Manufacturing Fellows Initiative will leverage the research and innovation capabilities of the Commonwealth’s academic institutions with the technology-rich manufacturing sector of PA industry, to form a unique university-industry collaboration that will lead to the following outcomes in the Commonwealth:
- Create a program that is industry-driven and uses a competitive proposal process to select and enable projects that will promote innovation in PA’s manufacturing job creators.
- Create an environment linking PA companies with students to create high paying manufacturing jobs and to interest and retain highly-educated students in the field of manufacturing.
- Provide PA companies with a competitive technology edge by introducing them to researchers and universities with specialized equipment and skill sets to which they do not currently have access.
- Open the floodgates of technology assistance and innovation to PA companies by breaking down the barriers to academic expertise.
- Focus the innovation and educational capabilities of PA’s world-class research universities on real-world manufacturing solutions for PA.